KERALA VEGETARIAN DISH-PAL PAYASAM
Pal Payasam Recipe – Kerala Pal Payasam Recipe – Chawal Ki Kheer | Rice Milk Pudding Recipe
Paal payasam is a sweet dish made with milk, broken aroma rice and sugar and this is made in enormous urulis or charakkus.
Right away, lets make Paal Payasam! Do attempt to Enjoy!
Whole Milk : 6 cups
Water : 3 cups
Brocken Rice: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 2 cups (Increase or cut down as per your sweet level)
Cardamom Powder: 1/4 tsp (for aroma and taste)
1. Wash the rice well under running water, drain and keep it aside.
2. In a substantial bottomed vessel or uruli (Kerala style shallow kadai used for the preparation of payasam) put a large portion of the milk (3 cups) and a large portion of the amount of water(11/2 cups) and bring to boil in a medium fire till it is decreased to a large portion of the volume.
3. Add the washed and drained rice and cook on medium warmth till the rice is cooked.
4. Include the remainder of the milk(3 cups) and water(11/2 cups), constantly mix until the payasam thickens.
(Note: when the water decreases there are chances for this blend to hold fast to the base of the vessel/uruli, so continue mixing constantly).
5. At the point when its nearly cooked and its shading changes to pale pink that is an ideal time to take off from the uruli/vessel from the fire.
6. Add sugar and spread the dish. (Note : Do not mix during this time).
7. Hang tight for 1/2 hour for the payasam to get homogenized and accomplish room temperature and now mix well.
8. Yummy Pal Payasam is prepared to serve. Serve hot or chilled as you wish!