3 1/2 – 4 cups of boiling water
3 onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
2 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
3-4 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cinnamon pieces
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
1 1/2-2 tbsp ghee
2-3 tbsp oil
few coriander leaves
- Clean Prawns (Chemmeen or Konjan)
- Wash kaima or goldhana rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil In a large pan, or in a pressure cooker add sliced onion and sauté till soft.
- Add fine paste of green chillies, ginger, garlic, and chopped tomato, saute well, it turns soft.
- Add 1/2 tsp chilli powder, salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, and garam masala and mix well.
- Then add washed prawns Add one cup boiling water, lemon juice optional mix well and cook covered on low flame till 2 whistles hear.
- In a pan put 2 tablespoon ghee and put cloves, cardamom, and bay leaf sauté for a minute and add washed and drained rice in it and roast for two minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and the cooked prawns together stirring occasionally and let the rice cook in low flame. When water dries up to turn off the flame.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, and some fried prawns and serve hot…