What is MicroGreen?
In India Microgreen becoming popular and started part of our daily diet.
The healthy consciousness keeping in mind Indian Gourmet-Cuisine restaurants in metro cities started serving microgreen in salads, appetizers, sandwiches, desserts, mocktails.
Make your kids engage in growing microgreens. Let them know the enjoyment and benefits of cultivation.
Attraction to grow microgreen indoors increased due to the following reasons
- Easy to grow
- Quick to harvest
- Flavour full
- Loaded with high nutrients
How to grow microgreen at your home?
- Any kind of pot or any plastic trays that is 4-5 inches deep or empty containers comes with food.
- Soil / Tissue paper or cotton cloth, even coconut fibers also can be used.
- Enough sunlight: Essential amount of Sunlight at least 3-4 hours a day. A great place for your microgreens will be windowsill or balcony where sunlight enters.
- Enough water watering needed care, soil or any other bases should be moist all the time. but should not be exceeded. A hand sprinkling way is enough to water. Preferably use mineral water, avoid chemical contained water.
- Fill the tray/container with 3-4 inches of height soil. This much height soil is more than enough for the microgreen to survive.
- Once the soil prepared, organic seeds ready to spread ( for healthy microgreen overnight soaked seed is preferable) you can spread with your hands as space not necessary for the microgreen.